ProgrammesOur professional programmes are designed to benefit your company
- Economic Empowerment Fundamentals programme
- Change Management
- B-BBEE Training
- Employment Equity Committee training
Purpose of the programme
Within the broader context of black economic empowerment and in alignment with the national goals of youth development and job creation, this is a programme for tertiary qualified individuals and/or employees with relevant experience aimed at providing them with theoretical knowledge and workplace experience regarding the topics of Ethics, Governance and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment within their specific area of specialization.
The Empowerment Academy presents the B-BBEE, Governance and Ethics Internship in association with the University of Stellenbosch Business School: Education Development and the Ethics Institute of South Africa. The programme carries 30 credits and has been written on an NQF Level 6. Its duration is 10 months. The programme is accredited and certified by the University of Stellenbosch and the Ethics Institute of SA.
- The programme entails the following:
Workplace Readiness Training (presented by HR Support Solutions, a sub-division of the Empowerment Academy). This training only applies if the student is unemployed and has not been employed before.
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (presented by the Empowerment Academy) with its core being the key principles of all the elements of the B-BBEE Scorecard. This study school also comprises an elective between the Human Resources elements on the B-BBEE Scorecard, being Management Control & Skills Development, or the Enterprise and Supplier Development element.
- Governance (presented by the University of Stellenbosch)
- Ethics (presented by the Ethics Institute of SA). On successful completion of this study school, a student qualifies as a certified Ethics Officer.
Minimum entry requirements
- A BCom Degree or Diploma with specialisation in the areas of Human Resources, Finances, Procurement or General Management.
- A National Senior Certificate (Matric) with proven proficiency in English and Mathematics, and at least 2 to 3 years experience on a junior management level of a company.
Certification is issued in partnership with the University of Stellenbosch Business School and the Ethics Institute of South Africa on an NQF Level 6.
Apply the Principles of Change Management in the Workplace
SAQA US 115407 – NQF Level 5 – 10 Credits
Purpose of the programme
The programme is designed to provide the learner with an understanding of diversity among people and in particular in a specific workforce, the role and importance played by managing change in attitudes, and the attributes of a good change agent in South Africa.
Who should attend?
Many different roles and careers are linked to and affected by this learning programme. They include, but are not limited to
- Shop stewards
- Junior and Middle Managers
- Organisational Transformation Consultants
- BEE champions
- Change agents
- Diversity Managers
- Human Resource practitioners
- Project managers
- Employment Equity committee members
- Training and Development committee members
- Targeted employees
On successful completion of this course, a learner will be able to
- Explain why change management is an important process for organisations to achieve sustainable trading results
- Identify examples of planned change and reactive change in an organisation
- Describe a model for effective change management and its management
- Identify reasons for resistance to change and indicate ways to overcome them
- Identify the risks inherent in any change management programme and indicate ways to manage them
- Identify and apply the competencies of an effective change agent
Minimum admission requirements
A learner undertaking this course must be in possession of a Senior Certificate, or equivalent (competent in Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4).
Mode of Delivery
The course is presented over a period of a month. During this period the learner will be required to attend 3 formal contact sessions, complete a portfolio of evidence and spend time in the workplace as a change agent.
The learners undergo formative assessment during the contact sessions and have to submit a Portfolio of Evidence at the end of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course a learner receives an Empowerment Academy Certificate endorsed by the Services Seta.
Purpose of the course
At the completion of this course, a learner will be able to interpret and summarise the Revised B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice of the Broad-Based BEE Act in a business context in order to extrapolate a transformation strategy for a company within his/her area of specialisation and be able to prepare a verification file for a verification agency.
Training consists of 5 contact sessions and can be staggered according to a client’s need, anything from 5 consecutive days to 5 months, with one training session per month. Delegates need to compile a portfolio of evidence in order to obtain the credits linked to this intervention.
This course is currently being accredited with the Services Seta.
This training is presented to the members of the Employment Equity (EE) committee of a company and covers the following topics:
- Legislative framework for EE
- The Code of Good Practice
- The roles and duties of the EE Committee members
- How to conduct a barrier analysis and implement affirmative action
- The EE Plan
- Submission of EE Reports to the Department of Labour
- EE and Skills Development
- EE and B-BBEE: The Management Control and Skills Development elements
Training can be adapted to anything from a half-day training to a 2 day training intervention.
“This was truly a one of a kind programme which had a tremendous impact on my career. All modules in the programme interlinked in a manner that significantly improved my knowledge regarding ethics, corporate governance and the B-BBEE initiative. I never realized the link between the modules and I know now just how important they are personally and for my career path. This is a programme that I would recommend to anyone as a result of its rich context and the fact that the opportunities that come with it are priceless!! As a result of the participation in the programme, I am now permanently employed as a Human Resources, Skills Development and Ethics Officer.
Thank you very much to the Empowerment Academy for continuously making a difference in the lives of others!!!”
“I am very grateful for the opportunity of being part of the BGE Internship programme. Words can’t even describe it, for it was a great learning curve for me. This program has had a positive impact on my career as I was able to learn a lot about Corporate Governance, Ethics and B-BBEE and what all of these entail. I would recommend this programme to other young black South Africans as it will empower them too and uplift their lives like it did mine. An opportunity like this doesn’t just come to anyone, so whoever is going to get this opportunity should grab it with both hands and work hard.”Thabi Rampedi